Harmful Toxins Found in Everyday Household Items

Did you know there are lethal toxins in your home right now? I’m not talking about those cleaning supplies you have locked away in a child proof cabinet. I’m talking about everyday items that you might never suspect. At least that’s the claim of one popular eCommerce business.

Items that pose a threat range from the petrochemical materials in your mattress to the bisphenol A that’s in that baby bottle. In an audio introduction to Greennest.com, founders Lisa and Ron Beres attribute everything from common allergy symptoms, to chronic fatigue, cancer, infertility, organ failure, and memory loss to the possible presence of toxins in your own home.

According to Chem-Tox, recent studies indicate that chemical toxins are being released from mattresses directly into a developing child’s “breathing zone”, contributing to asthma and some forms of cancer. These claims emphasize a connection between respiratory illness the lethal carcinogens and respiratory irritants found in mattresses. How do they get there? A variety of toxic chemicals are combined to create the plastics found in the foam and vinyl that is ultimately used in mattress construction.

Household Items

There is also a growing controversy over bisphenol-A. Bisphenol-A is a hormone disrupting substance that can be found in polycarbonate plastics, the kind of plastic used in reusable plastic bottles like baby bottles. A 1993 Stanford Medical Study found measurable amounts of bisphenol-A in the water of a heated polycarbonate flask. However, Bisphenol-A.org debunks the growing concern as scare tactic reporting. They cite numerous studies that indicate no substantial chemical release from heated baby bottles.

Even “safe, non-toxic” toys have come under recent scrutiny, as cities like San Francisco move to ban any toys that contain bisphenol-A or phthalates. Phthalates, additives used to make plastic soft and flexible, has been linked to liver, kidney, and reproductive organ damage. Phthalates are not only used in plastics, but can be found in cosmetics, hair spray, deodorant, perfumes and nail polish.

Even your family room could be a chemical hotspot. Many “wrinkle free” fabrics and household furnishings made from pressboard have been treated with formaldehyde resin and maybe emitting toxins into the air you breathe. The chemical agent 4-phenylcyclohexene can been found in the latex backing of carpets and is the cause of that “new carpet smell.” Although little data has been collected on 4-phenylcyclohexene related illnesses, it is cited as a well known allergen.

Even an item as simple as a scented candle can be dangerous. Scented candles are generally made from paraffin wax, a petroleum derivative, and must be blended with chemicals in order to release fragrances. Burning scented candles may produce carcinogens and can release harmful vapors into the air.

If you would like more information on how you can detoxify your home, you can get your Guide to a Toxic-Free home at: https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/emf/rev/nuubu-beoordelingen .